Disclaimer: the following information is provided by a third party, and is for information purpose only. HCSSA is not responsible for the content or any consequence caused by it.
Wuhan University Institute of Quality Development Strategy (Wuhan University China Enterprise Survey and Data Center) is a research and education institution with academic and professional focus on the quality issues in China’s economic development process.
Jointly initiated by Professor Cheng Hong from Wuhan University, Professor Li Hongbin from Stanford University, Professor Albert Park from Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Professor Du Yang from Chinese Academy of Social Sciences etc., IQDS has successfully conducted China Employer-Employee Survey (CEES), the world’s first large-scale on-site investigation into the employer-employee match ever performed in a major developing economy. IQDS has established regular scientific research cooperation channels with many prestigious universities, including Stanford University, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Waseda University, etc. In addition to leading research team members including Prof. Li Hongbin and Prof. Albert Park, IQDS also works together with renowned experts, such as Prof. Nicholas Bloom from Stanford University and Prof Takeo Hoshi from University of California, Berkeley. It has published research papers in top-notch scientific periodicals including Journal of Economic Perspective.
What we look for
1. PhD in Economics (or to be awarded before June, 2018)
2. Strong research capability in economics theory
3. Relevant research basis in econometrics and labor economics
1. First-hand data of high quality from CEES covering hundreds of enterprises and thousands of employees on a sustainable basis, as well as supplies from other sources for study purposes.
2. Joint research opportunities with world renowned experts, including existing cooperation with colleagues from Stanford University, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, and Waseda University.
3. Abundant funding support and competitive remuneration made possible by solid research funding channels approved officially, revenues from training courses at IQDS, as well as donations and project funds from industries and other social sectors.
4. Provision of advantageous work environment offered by the modern office building currently under construction by the scenic East Lake covering a floor space of 20,000 square meters.
5.Excellent living conditions and comprehensive fringe benefits, including on-campus housing or housing subsidy for off-campus choice, schooling from kindergarten to high school for dependent kids, as well as health care by on-campus clinic and three nationally first-rank hospitals in the city attached to Wuhan University.
6. Additional offers negotiable for exceptional cases.
1. Resume collection （November 1, 2017 to December 15, 2017）. Please send your application materials to us (email@example.com), including cover letter, resume, research paper and reference letter, if you are interested.
2. Resume screening （December 16, 2017 to December 30, 2017）. We will contact you should it be appropriate to schedule an interview.
3. Interview （January 5, 2018 to January 7, 2018）. We will conduct interview during the annual meeting of AEA at Philadelphia.
4. Qualified interviewees will then go through approval process of Wuhan University.
Phone: +86-27-6875 2131 or (US) (650) 334-7908
Contact: Cheng Jing
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
2nd Floor, Old Foreign Languages Building
Main Campus (art, humanities and science faculties)
Wuhan, Hubei Province